Our Mission Statement and Purpose
The School of Wisdom and Higher Learning's mission IS GROUNDED IN ITS ARTICLES OF FAITH, CORE VALUES, AND MOTTO.
The mission of the School of Wisdom and Higher Learning Bible Institute is to develop people in Christian spiritual values, preparing them for service to the church and community, through biblical instruction, ministry, vocational training, and general education in the context of the Apostolic Pentecostal calling. The School of Wisdom and Higher Learning will provide biblically-based, distributed, and post secondary school education in theology, counseling, ministry, and related professional fields for motivated, self-directed adult learners enhancing their ability to serve the religious or global community.
Goals and Objectives
The School of Wisdom and Higher Learning uses the following goals and objectives to guide its efforts to fulfill its mission:
- To prepare Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Teachers, Evangelists, Ministers, Missionaries, and lay people to understand and teach the principles of the Holy Scriptures.
- To create a nurturing environment this encourages students to perfect their spiritual gifts and talents thus becoming good examples of true Christian spirituality and character.
- To provide a Christ-centered, evangelical curriculum so that learners will be grounded and articulate in the beliefs of traditional, historical Christianity.
- To foster learning, scholarly inquiries, and assessment at the undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate levels so that these learners may bring about positive social change by applying their learning in the religious or global community in which they serve.
- To prepare individuals for service in Christian churches, community development, local and foreign missions, irrespective of their denominational affiliation.
- To provide biblically-based theological and professional education so that busy adults may achieve significant learning where they reside without relocating to a campus.
- To provide cost-effective learning and support services at different academic levels so that a wide number of individuals may afford a theological or professional education.
- To provide a setting for persons to develop and cultivate the critical and creative intellectual skills which are necessary for successful academic performance.
- To foster an environment which is conducive for the social and cultural development of all students, through extensive in-class and out-of-class activities.
- To promote the wholesome qualities and values of the Apostolic Pentecostal calling both for our students and in society.
- To help all students and interested persons to understand the meaning and purpose of the Pentecostal experience.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop general competencies necessary for earning a livelihood and functioning in society as productive citizens.